View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 03:37 AM   #59
realmenhatelife
Nothing starts the day like droning mopery.
I do enjoy lentils.
I just called my step sister and rubbed my dick on the phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
In their defense, they didn't plan on paying via CC; they were running late and bought they had enough cash to get by. Also, there's no reason for the ticket price to double because there's a human agent. First, the conductor is working the train no matter what. Second, if you buy your ticket from a human agent at a booth it costs the same as at a machine. For whatever reason they want to discourage buying tickets on the train. It smacks of price-gouging.
But not in their defense does anyone anywhere not charge more buying a ticket on the train than at a booth? Even tokens are cheaper and you actually pay right on the bus or trolly for those. Here's an annoying thing that happened... Ok, I understand that. Can you believe what a prick this guy is.... That I dont.

Punching the ticket is a lot more labor/training intensive than just walking down the aisle looking at transpasses and prepaid tickets. If you didnt sell tickets on the train you'd have less people working and wouldn't need any of the cash handling stuff they must have on board, like safes or whatever.

But yes, there's definately price gouging going on. But I'd rather prepay 5 and have access to automated machines. Septa is way more than that and the ticket offices are open for like 20 minutes a day.
realmenhatelife is offline   Reply With Quote