View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 06:31 AM   #903
Melk
biting open implants and giving green tongue oral
I cannot imaging a company that would value my experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruelCircus View Post
I can't understand Ron, especially with a comic background, defending Eddie Murphy's career.

Steve Martin isn't criticized for his choices? Robin Williams?!

Martin was critically destroyed (and deservedly so...) for the Pink Panther movies, not to mention the Queen Latifah films. Robin Williams has had some very good choices, but he also made "RV" and "Old Dogs."

Albert Brooks, fine. But no one cares about him more than Ron and HTG do anyway...
I would defend Ron's point by saying that Martin and Williams have sporadically appeared in horrendous movies pretty much from the early stages of their careers onward, Murphy had this string of fairly consistent movies up to the release of "The Golden Child" then the critics spent the next few years calling anything Eddie made dogshit UNTIL he made "The Nutty Professor." After that, Eddie went on to do family movies almost exclusively, and incredibly terrible ones at that.

I'll grant Ron's point that Die Hard was written as a sort of Eddie movie (actually, it was a rewritten "Commando"sequel, so the dialog lends itself more to Arnold than Eddie, but... whatever)

I find Eddie to be incredibly overrated.
Melk is offline   Reply With Quote