View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 10:00 AM   #904
fezident
Back in the New York Groove!
I didn't smell like a bit.

Big Ass 6577

I always find it interesting that Ron bashes critics & journalists who bag on comedians for not being funny. (IE, people who take shots at Jay Leno)
He always gives THEM shit for "never having told a funny joke in their fucking lives". As if... THAT has anything to do with anything. He sometimes dares them to "get out there and do 5 minutes of standup, and lemme know how THAT works out for ya.".

Total cop out.
That has nothing to do with anything. People still know what's funny and what isn't, regardless of if they've done a formal standup routine. If this really DID matter... Ron should shut the fuck up about movies (as he's never directed or appeared in one), restaraunts (as he's never managed one, designed one, or cooked in a kitchen), books (he's never written even a single chapter), etc etc etc.

Also... he often tells stories about how, 30 years ago, he saw Jay Leno "just DESTROY a room! He KILLED! He fuckin' destroyed that room. Nooobody destroyed a club the way Jay Leno destroyed a club back in 85. He slayed!".
As if THAT has anything to do with how painfully unfunny Leno is to us on The Tonight Show.
That set was a decades ago, Ron. It has no bearing now.
And... we didn't see that set. We weren't there. Some of us weren't born. It has no bearing now.

Ron's refusal to let millions upon millions of people have an educated, thought out, deserved opinion (based on our experiences, mind you!) really reveals an insecurity in Ron. It's very "hey everyone!! dig me!! notice ME!".

"Someone is either farting, or microwaving sour kraut."
fezident is offline   Reply With Quote