View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 08:42 AM   #280
SonOfSmeagol
really not worth the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by epo View Post
I believe the rule has been"couldn't lobby in their field within the past 12 months". I love how people twist shit.
That link, and those rules, were about the TRANSITION, not the administration. Did you even read the article? Seriously, get your facts straight.

His rules for the administration were release in an Executive Order, where he stipulated a similar thing, but 2 year window I believe. Still I go back to his words: lobbyists “won’t find a job in my White House”. Promise made on a serious subject, promise subsequently broken. His promise was first broken after the election during transition (thanks for pointing that out), then with the executive order, then with his own waivers to the executive order.

Quote:
So realistically the question is Patterson, Lynn and Corr.....not the 11 people you listed.
No, not when you apply the correct rules. However, not the point. Bottom line, they're lobbyists and, lest you forget: " lobbyists won’t find a job in my White House”. Once again - ethics with exceptions. Sweet. Justify it and rationalize it all you want – it is what it is.

Quote:
Wasn't this supposed to be a joke thread?
Son, it is a joke.
SonOfSmeagol is offline   Reply With Quote