View Single Post
Old 06-27-2002, 01:40 PM   #5
DC Reed

Big Ass 12579

The pilgrims came to the New World because they were being persecuted by the Catholics. Irish Protestants have moved here because they are being persecuted by Catholics. Hindu's have come here to escape persucation from Islam and Vice versa. In the Age of Exploration, the Spanish and Portuguese went on Voyages for "Riches, Fame and God." Lutherans, avoiding more persectution from Catholics during the reformation moved to the "new world" so they could follow thier religion freely. Methodism was looked down up by European Goverments during the Industrial Revolution, so methodists went to the then USA for religious sanctuary.

People have come to this country soley just to practice whatever religion they want, Wicca (withcraft) is a religion here, that was not allowed in Europe.

the term under god could be unconsititutional, but you have to remeber that People came here for freedom of religion.

Im not on either side of this arguement, because I think that it is pointless and stupid, escpecially after the 11th, we should all have more love for the USA than even, whether it be Nationalist or Patriotic.

I hope my little history lesson helped clear things up and ill end with this. A Majority of the people living in the US today, came just so they could practice what ever religion they want.

I hope this helps. seeyuh