Thread: Mass Effect 3
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 12:13 PM   #66
Bob Impact
One man's asshole is another's mangina!
Now sir, I just need to look inside your asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by realmenhatelife View Post
But you couldn't have endings that rely on you having played all three games and still having your save. People would flip shit if the game withheld content that could only be unlocked by franchise long saves.

If we're to believe the indoctrination video, and I think it's plausible, the endings were visually similar but hugely different. Maybe the cinematics they release will help satisfy this for you.

But decisions between saves did change gameplay. I started a new campaign because I wanted to play a different class, which I later regretted because I saved everyone at the end of ME 2 and did not run into them in ME 3, because they were dead. Now I'm going back to replay from my save because I want to get those interactions I missed.
Yes you can, particularly when Bioware always marketed the games as just that, a trilogy where the choices you make in every game determine the final outcome.

ME2 had DLC (free) that simulated the choices from ME1 for your save. Similarly if you start a new save in ME3 it asks you questions to set the important things from ME1 & 2. The indoctrination video isn't something BW put out, it's fans reaching blindly for some kind of deeper meaning to the rushed mess of the ending. That's the real reason for all of this, the old creative lead left in the middle of this game (hence the awesome Quarian/Geth & Genophage storylines being mixed in with the nonsensical Miranda storyline) and EA was pushing to get a product out the door with a new creative lead, that's really it. If the indoctrination videos turn out to be true it's only because Bioware watched them and decided that was a better idea for an ending than they had.

Bob Impact is offline   Reply With Quote