RonFez.net Messageboard
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read





Go Back   RonFez.net Messageboard > Life's Distractions > 01001101 01101111 01101101's Basement

01001101 01101111 01101101's Basement A place to discuss computers, technology, video games, comic books and other geek topic

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2009, 12:00 AM   #1
ryno1974
I suck.

 
ryno1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Posts: 434
Playstation Network Nick: ryno1974 View My Facebook
Default wii flash player

i cant watch porn on my wii cause you cant upgrade the flash player in opera for wii. fucking sucks - i love xnxx.com. anyone have a worj around for me?
__________________
Long live Black Earl!
ryno1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:18 AM   #2
biggestmexi
Apple fanboi

I am always blowing.

 
biggestmexi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 20,129
Playstation Network Nick: biggestmexi
Default

A computer.
__________________
biggestmexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:19 AM   #3
Reynolds

 
Reynolds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Largo, FL
Posts: 1,957
Paltalk Nick: mudeater
Default

a broad
Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:26 AM   #4
Reynolds

 
Reynolds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Largo, FL
Posts: 1,957
Paltalk Nick: mudeater
Default

With knowing the little information you gave, I googled "flash wii" and this came up:

http://www.dncompute.com/blog/2006/1...sh-player.html

Since the announcement that the Opera web browser on the Nintendo Wii would support Adobe Flash, I have been curious as to which version of Flash it would support. I havenít been able to dig up any official announcement, if anyone out there on the infomesh has seen something which I missed, please let me know. You can see the Opera browser in action on the Wii website as well as in a preview presentation on the Nintendo Japan website. It seems to work well enough, and you can catch it playing a flash animation on the Japanese Super Mario Brothers DS website as well as playing flash video on what appears to be a website for a Nintendo DS based cooking guide.

Wii and Controller

I tried a little bit of amateur sleuthing to try and uncover the version of the Wiiís mysterious Flash Player.

Luckily, the Opera website yielded a pretty good collection of clues. First, there is the Opera for Nintendo page which indicates that the Wii will run ďOpera for DevicesĒ which appears, as itís name implies, to be a slim version of the Opera browser for use on non-general purpose computers. I also found a press release from early September which indicates that ďOpera for DevicesĒ is now available with support for Adobe Flash Player 7. Combine these two together and you have some pretty compelling evidence that the Wii will in fact run Adobe Flash Player 7. Choice quotes from the press release such as ďOpera customers who are running the full-featured Opera browser on products such as portable media players, HDTVs, set-top boxes and even game consoles now have the option to include Flash 7 on their devicesĒ along with the previous mentioned examples of the Opera browser playing flash video, help support this theory.

I was initially expecting the Wii to only support Adobe Flash Player 6, so itís welcome news that the Nintendo Wii will probably run Adobe Flash Player 7. The performance boost provided by the Adobe Flash Player 9 would have been nice on Nintendoís underpowered console, but the newness of the Flash 9 player made it an extremely unlikely candidate. Itís a slight disappointment that the Wii will probably not support Adobe Flash Player 8. The new On2 video codec and bitmap access/caching features would have been welcome, but many of the filter effects are probably too processor intensive for the Wii to handle anyway.

Iím looking forward to seeing how well the Flash Player performs on the Wii. Iím not expecting much, but if it can run some simple web based games at a decent frame rate, that would be enough. Unfortunately, the browser will only be free for a limited time, which is bound to limit the impact of the Wii as a web client. Letís hope Opera and Nintendo come to their senses and simply bundle the cost of the browser into the Wii.

The Sony Playstation 3 will come with a free web browser as well. The PSP supported some version of Flash, so I think itís safe to assume that the PS3 will support Flash as well. The fact that the PS3 will output in HD and has much greater horsepower under the hood makes it appear to be a better console for browsing the web. Unfortunately the PS3 requires you to use a joystick to control the mouse cursor. Anyone who has used a laptop ďnubĒ to control their cursor knows how endlessly frustrating this control scheme can be. Nintendoís Wii motion controller would appear to be the ideal solution for controlling a mouse cursor on a television from your couch, but it remains to be seen if the Wiiís low resolution graphics and lack of horsepower will make that browsing experience worthwhile.

I think itís also pretty safe to assume that the web browser and Flash player will not have access to the rich positional data which the Wii controller can provide. I would hazard a guess that the controller simply acts as a basic mouse with point and click capabilities. The real unknown is whether the rest of the buttons on the controller will be mapped to Wii functionality or if they can be read as standard keyboard inputs on a webpage. It would be great if you could read the extra button clicks from a webpage, but I think this is an unlikely scenario.

All of these questions and more will be answered definitively in another two weeks when the Wii and PlayStation 3 finally become publicly available. It will be an exciting time to be a developer as we may finally see the web trickle out of the office and into the living room.

Edit 1 Dec 2006: Well, the Wii has been in my hands for a couple weeks now but the Opera browser is still not available. However, a bunch of clever individuals have still managed to glean a few more details about the Wiiís web support. First, itís been revealed that the Wii shop channel is a simple browser viewing a web page. I would hazard a guess and say the coming the weather and news channels are simply web pages as well.

You can find instructions on how to view the Wiiís shop channel in Firefox on tech-recipes.com.

WiiNintendo has some pointers about designing sites for the Wii. They indicate that the Wii will have a native NTSC resolution of 640◊480, but a viewable area of 608◊456. This is useful information, but by no means the final word on the situation. First, Iím not exactly sure why the viewable area is less than the native resolution, it would be great if WiiNintendo explained this better (e.g., where does the cropping occur, is cropped around all edges, or simply the right side and bottom?). Also, all of the existing screen shots of the Opera browser indicate that it will have a universal navigation bar along the bottom of the screen. If this bar is always visible, then it will further limit the viewable area. I would also like to know if having the Wii in widescreen and/or progressive mode will have any impact on the viewable area. WiiNintendo is promising a ďPart 2″, and I look forward to any further information they can gather.

And lastly, here is a video showing the Wii shop channel being used to browse another website. This one involves noodling with your DNS server.

Edit 4 Jan 2006: The browser has been out in beta for a little while now, and itís solid. Aral Balkan has made a few posts concerning the Flash players performance and Mario Klingemann has found a workaround for reading the Wii-motes button presses. All in all, itís looking pretty good. My biggest disappointment at this point is that the navigation bar is huge and the browser provides no way to hide it (or the mouse cursor for that matter). Being able to display full screen video and applications would really make this browser a must have application.
Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:16 AM   #5
OGC
a bj from a guy is as good as or better than one from a woman.
If I was a girl I'd probably break my back trying to go down on myself

 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: 42 37.5 -71 55.3
Posts: 7,257
Big Ass 61660 View My Facebook
Default

that a lot of words
__________________
OGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:20 AM   #6
Tall_James
Occasionally coherent.

 
Tall_James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 17,376
Default

Based upon the Japanese love of copious amounts of ridiculous porn, I'm shocked that Nintendo didn't foresee this problem.
Tall_James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:22 AM   #7
Judge Smails
making nasty chipmunk style sex to his partner
Man, I wish I was a perfectly chiseled adonis and expert cocksmith
Sorry for hijacking this thread with my constant gay talk

 
Judge Smails's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Posts: 7,740
Big Ass 238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestmexi View Post
A computer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynolds View Post
a broad

Two birds / one stone
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog View Post
Judge Smails is the greatest poster in the history of this board (other than shapopojoe) and most of you fools don't recognize.
Judge Smails is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:07 PM   #8
ryno1974
I suck.

 
ryno1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Posts: 434
Playstation Network Nick: ryno1974 View My Facebook
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynolds View Post
With knowing the little information you gave, I googled "flash wii" and this came up:

http://www.dncompute.com/blog/2006/1...sh-player.html

Since the announcement that the Opera web browser on the Nintendo Wii would support Adobe Flash, I have been curious as to which version of Flash it would support. I havenít been able to dig up any official announcement, if anyone out there on the infomesh has seen something which I missed, please let me know. You can see the Opera browser in action on the Wii website as well as in a preview presentation on the Nintendo Japan website. It seems to work well enough, and you can catch it playing a flash animation on the Japanese Super Mario Brothers DS website as well as playing flash video on what appears to be a website for a Nintendo DS based cooking guide.

Wii and Controller

I tried a little bit of amateur sleuthing to try and uncover the version of the Wiiís mysterious Flash Player.

Luckily, the Opera website yielded a pretty good collection of clues. First, there is the Opera for Nintendo page which indicates that the Wii will run ďOpera for DevicesĒ which appears, as itís name implies, to be a slim version of the Opera browser for use on non-general purpose computers. I also found a press release from early September which indicates that ďOpera for DevicesĒ is now available with support for Adobe Flash Player 7. Combine these two together and you have some pretty compelling evidence that the Wii will in fact run Adobe Flash Player 7. Choice quotes from the press release such as ďOpera customers who are running the full-featured Opera browser on products such as portable media players, HDTVs, set-top boxes and even game consoles now have the option to include Flash 7 on their devicesĒ along with the previous mentioned examples of the Opera browser playing flash video, help support this theory.

I was initially expecting the Wii to only support Adobe Flash Player 6, so itís welcome news that the Nintendo Wii will probably run Adobe Flash Player 7. The performance boost provided by the Adobe Flash Player 9 would have been nice on Nintendoís underpowered console, but the newness of the Flash 9 player made it an extremely unlikely candidate. Itís a slight disappointment that the Wii will probably not support Adobe Flash Player 8. The new On2 video codec and bitmap access/caching features would have been welcome, but many of the filter effects are probably too processor intensive for the Wii to handle anyway.

Iím looking forward to seeing how well the Flash Player performs on the Wii. Iím not expecting much, but if it can run some simple web based games at a decent frame rate, that would be enough. Unfortunately, the browser will only be free for a limited time, which is bound to limit the impact of the Wii as a web client. Letís hope Opera and Nintendo come to their senses and simply bundle the cost of the browser into the Wii.

The Sony Playstation 3 will come with a free web browser as well. The PSP supported some version of Flash, so I think itís safe to assume that the PS3 will support Flash as well. The fact that the PS3 will output in HD and has much greater horsepower under the hood makes it appear to be a better console for browsing the web. Unfortunately the PS3 requires you to use a joystick to control the mouse cursor. Anyone who has used a laptop ďnubĒ to control their cursor knows how endlessly frustrating this control scheme can be. Nintendoís Wii motion controller would appear to be the ideal solution for controlling a mouse cursor on a television from your couch, but it remains to be seen if the Wiiís low resolution graphics and lack of horsepower will make that browsing experience worthwhile.

I think itís also pretty safe to assume that the web browser and Flash player will not have access to the rich positional data which the Wii controller can provide. I would hazard a guess that the controller simply acts as a basic mouse with point and click capabilities. The real unknown is whether the rest of the buttons on the controller will be mapped to Wii functionality or if they can be read as standard keyboard inputs on a webpage. It would be great if you could read the extra button clicks from a webpage, but I think this is an unlikely scenario.

All of these questions and more will be answered definitively in another two weeks when the Wii and PlayStation 3 finally become publicly available. It will be an exciting time to be a developer as we may finally see the web trickle out of the office and into the living room.

Edit 1 Dec 2006: Well, the Wii has been in my hands for a couple weeks now but the Opera browser is still not available. However, a bunch of clever individuals have still managed to glean a few more details about the Wiiís web support. First, itís been revealed that the Wii shop channel is a simple browser viewing a web page. I would hazard a guess and say the coming the weather and news channels are simply web pages as well.

You can find instructions on how to view the Wiiís shop channel in Firefox on tech-recipes.com.

WiiNintendo has some pointers about designing sites for the Wii. They indicate that the Wii will have a native NTSC resolution of 640◊480, but a viewable area of 608◊456. This is useful information, but by no means the final word on the situation. First, Iím not exactly sure why the viewable area is less than the native resolution, it would be great if WiiNintendo explained this better (e.g., where does the cropping occur, is cropped around all edges, or simply the right side and bottom?). Also, all of the existing screen shots of the Opera browser indicate that it will have a universal navigation bar along the bottom of the screen. If this bar is always visible, then it will further limit the viewable area. I would also like to know if having the Wii in widescreen and/or progressive mode will have any impact on the viewable area. WiiNintendo is promising a ďPart 2″, and I look forward to any further information they can gather.

And lastly, here is a video showing the Wii shop channel being used to browse another website. This one involves noodling with your DNS server.

Edit 4 Jan 2006: The browser has been out in beta for a little while now, and itís solid. Aral Balkan has made a few posts concerning the Flash players performance and Mario Klingemann has found a workaround for reading the Wii-motes button presses. All in all, itís looking pretty good. My biggest disappointment at this point is that the navigation bar is huge and the browser provides no way to hide it (or the mouse cursor for that matter). Being able to display full screen video and applications would really make this browser a must have application.
Thanks for the info. The biggest problem is the fact that the wii does not support flash 9. All the current adult sites require it to view vids. I would have added more detail to my post, but I was on my couch "typing" with my wii-mote on my TV.

I assume that some ambitious entrepreneur will satisfy all those 14yo wishes out there and build a site that supports flash 7.
__________________
Long live Black Earl!
ryno1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:10 PM   #9
Snoogans
I hope Dude is right.
"id love to not have pre marital sex, but im not allowed to get married, so a brothas gotta do what a brothas gotta do"

 
Snoogans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mahwah, NJ
Posts: 36,864
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno1974 View Post
i cant watch porn on my wii cause you cant upgrade the flash player in opera for wii. fucking sucks - i love xnxx.com. anyone have a worj around for me?
They call it "girlfriend experience" according to Patrice. You can get it in Holland
__________________
I love LA!
IM NOT ASIAN, I WAS HIGH!
Snoogans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:14 PM   #10
MC Pee Pants

 
MC Pee Pants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 991
Default

You cant bust a nut to pics?
__________________

Your emotions make you a monster.
MC Pee Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:27 PM   #11
ryno1974
I suck.

 
ryno1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Posts: 434
Playstation Network Nick: ryno1974 View My Facebook
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Pee Pants View Post
You cant bust a nut to pics?
No, not anymore.I guess its a porn overload thing now. Now I need full streaming video of midgets doing ass to mouth with a pair of Siamese twins while taking a shit or I cant blow.

Weird.
__________________
Long live Black Earl!
ryno1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:28 PM   #12
RhinoinMN
i would lick mayo off a cock
My virgin asshole can't take something that big.
prick has been up my ass
Lap salad!

 
RhinoinMN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SEMN
Posts: 24,672
Default

I just find this amusing how someone is trying to view porn on a platform that was primarily designed for children.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gvac View Post
If you're half as delicious as your musical tastes, I can't wait for a bite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMojoPin View Post
I promise to never ban you. You are now offiially a mod favorite and will receive special treatment and protection from now on.
RhinoinMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:33 PM   #13
ryno1974
I suck.

 
ryno1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Posts: 434
Playstation Network Nick: ryno1974 View My Facebook
Default

Not with my children, just on their video game console when they are in bed. BIG difference.
__________________
Long live Black Earl!
ryno1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:25 PM   #14
AnnoyedGrunt

 
AnnoyedGrunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ontario
Posts: 961
Big Ass X
Default

Maybe they'll add a few things to the virtual console.

__________________
"But I did okay, didn't I? I mean I got, what, fifteen thousand years. That's pretty good, isn't it? I lived a pretty long time."

"You lived what anybody gets. You got a lifetime. No more. No less."
AnnoyedGrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:33 AM   #15
Reynolds

 
Reynolds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Largo, FL
Posts: 1,957
Paltalk Nick: mudeater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno1974 View Post
Thanks for the info. The biggest problem is the fact that the wii does not support flash 9. All the current adult sites require it to view vids. I would have added more detail to my post, but I was on my couch "typing" with my wii-mote on my TV.

I assume that some ambitious entrepreneur will satisfy all those 14yo wishes out there and build a site that supports flash 7.
According to another site, Adobe does not make a flash plugin past 7 for opera, so it's on Adobe, not nintendo or opera.
Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2000 - 2010, RFN Media, Inc.