RonFez.net Messageboard
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Go Back   RonFez.net Messageboard > That's Life! > Politics and Current Events

Politics and Current Events Talk about late-breaking news stories and debate political issues!

Old 02-08-2009, 11:55 AM   #276
albo60s

Not a good start. Not the worst ever, but on the way??????

http://www.summitdaily.com/article/2...eady%20failing

I had told SDN editor Alex Miller to hold back on my last letter because I wanted to give the Obama administration a fair shot for a month. Well, the events of the last 15 days have been horrendous in my opinion and I could not remain silent any longer.

We have seen tax-cheat after tax-cheat (not to mention multiple illegal alien employment violations) paraded before the senate to be voted on for the Obama cabinet. We have seen at least three appointees withdraw because of either tax-code violations or potentially more serious criminal or ethical violations. I think it both brash and egotistical to present such poorly vetted cabinet appointees. I made at least two appeals to the public in letters before the election of this president’s inability to show good judgment and now have been proven right by his actions in the first two weeks of his presidency. I believe he calculated that he would again receive a free pass from the media, but much to his surprise and mine, that didn’t happen.

We have seen the House proven to be so out of touch with their own constituents by proposing a stimulus plan that is neither stimulating or job-creating in its proposed nature. It is nothing more than a collection of the last half-decade’s voted-down social restructuring measures. A recent Gallup poll shows that this current stimulus plan has only a 38 percent approval rating. We have also seen President Obama’s approval rating decline by 14 points in only two weeks. At this pace he’ll be below President Bush’s last approval rating in a matter of months and not years.

For President Obama to endorse the pork-laden, social-engineering agenda of this current stimulus plan shows that he is just as out of touch with America as the House representatives and proven himself to be nothing more than the far-left liberal that he truly is.

Call Jared Polis and Mark Udall and let them both know that you don’t want them voting for this stimulus plan which is nothing more than a payback to the far-left for electing Obama and his buddies in Congress in the first place.

Mr. President, your performance in your first two weeks in office has proved abysmal. Let us trump you on that, you promised change we can believe in, don’t you think you should start delivering?
Old 02-08-2009, 11:58 AM   #277
epo
Fez is hot
Cuz Obummer is a Muslim. Git R Done!
we have mods who care

Quote:
Originally Posted by albo60s View Post

I had told SDN editor Alex Miller to hold back on my last letter because I wanted to give the Obama administration a fair shot for a month. Well, the events of the last 15 days have been horrendous in my opinion and I could not remain silent any longer.

We have seen tax-cheat after tax-cheat (not to mention multiple illegal alien employment violations) paraded before the senate to be voted on for the Obama cabinet. We have seen at least three appointees withdraw because of either tax-code violations or potentially more serious criminal or ethical violations. I think it both brash and egotistical to present such poorly vetted cabinet appointees. I made at least two appeals to the public in letters before the election of this president’s inability to show good judgment and now have been proven right by his actions in the first two weeks of his presidency. I believe he calculated that he would again receive a free pass from the media, but much to his surprise and mine, that didn’t happen.

We have seen the House proven to be so out of touch with their own constituents by proposing a stimulus plan that is neither stimulating or job-creating in its proposed nature. It is nothing more than a collection of the last half-decade’s voted-down social restructuring measures. A recent Gallup poll shows that this current stimulus plan has only a 38 percent approval rating. We have also seen President Obama’s approval rating decline by 14 points in only two weeks. At this pace he’ll be below President Bush’s last approval rating in a matter of months and not years.

For President Obama to endorse the pork-laden, social-engineering agenda of this current stimulus plan shows that he is just as out of touch with America as the House representatives and proven himself to be nothing more than the far-left liberal that he truly is.

Call Jared Polis and Mark Udall and let them both know that you don’t want them voting for this stimulus plan which is nothing more than a payback to the far-left for electing Obama and his buddies in Congress in the first place.

Mr. President, your performance in your first two weeks in office has proved abysmal. Let us trump you on that, you promised change we can believe in, don’t you think you should start delivering?
And your proof is a letter to the editor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottinnj View Post
Well one thing is for sure: Epo's right.
Always Doubt Kevin!
epo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:06 PM   #278
Serpico1103
I know I am the rube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albo60s View Post

Which poll? All the major polls still show it over 50%, including Gallup.
But, I guess that's what you get when you cite a "source" as reliable as you did.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:32 PM   #279
epo
Fez is hot
we have mods who care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpico1103 View Post
Which poll? All the major polls still show it over 50%, including Gallup.
But, I guess that's what you get when you cite a "source" as reliable as you did.
If you dig into the Gallup numbers, 72% of those surveyed favor some form of stimulus. Of course facts are things that can be hard sometimes.

Quote:
Always Doubt Kevin!
Old 02-08-2009, 12:42 PM   #280
SonOfSmeagol
really not worth the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by epo View Post
I believe the rule has been"couldn't lobby in their field within the past 12 months". I love how people twist shit.
That link, and those rules, were about the TRANSITION, not the administration. Did you even read the article? Seriously, get your facts straight.

His rules for the administration were release in an Executive Order, where he stipulated a similar thing, but 2 year window I believe. Still I go back to his words: lobbyists “won’t find a job in my White House”. Promise made on a serious subject, promise subsequently broken. His promise was first broken after the election during transition (thanks for pointing that out), then with the executive order, then with his own waivers to the executive order.

Quote:
So realistically the question is Patterson, Lynn and Corr.....not the 11 people you listed.
No, not when you apply the correct rules. However, not the point. Bottom line, they're lobbyists and, lest you forget: " lobbyists won’t find a job in my White House”. Once again - ethics with exceptions. Sweet. Justify it and rationalize it all you want – it is what it is.

Quote:
Wasn't this supposed to be a joke thread?
Son, it is a joke.
SonOfSmeagol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:49 PM   #281
angrymissy
The What Show Forum Moderator
I'm addicted to a few things and have a hangover.

Welcome to New York!!

Location: NJ (the shame) but reallyreallyreally close to NY I swear

In case you didn't know, his middle name is HUSSEIN. We are so screwed.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:50 PM   #282
angrymissy

Welcome to New York!!

I heard he doesn't even wear a jacket.

It's over.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:55 PM   #283
sailor
Same horrible person I've always been.
I'm just a dick

Quote:
If you dig into the Gallup numbers, 72% of those surveyed favor some form of stimulus. Of course facts are things that can be hard sometimes.
i don't know where his numbers are from, but he did say "current stimulus plan" so it's dishonest for you to compare that to "some form of stimulus"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gvac View Post
RonFez.net will be back!!!

THIS I SWEAR!!!
sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:57 PM   #284
angrymissy

Welcome to New York!!

Albo60s is wrong. The stimulus does not have a 38% approval rating. It's at 52%. 38% OPPOSE the package, ya got it backwards. Here is a nice shiny graph:

Quote:
PRINCETON, NJ -- Fifty-two percent of Americans interviewed Wednesday night are in favor of Congress passing a roughly $800 billion economic stimulus package; 38% are opposed. These figures are nearly identical to those measured in Gallup polling last week, right before passage of the bill in the U.S. House of Representatives, and are also in line with public support in early January.

Last edited by angrymissy; 02-08-2009 at 01:11 PM.
angrymissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:00 PM   #285
SonOfSmeagol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMojoPin View Post
That argument doesn't hold a lot a lot of weight when you look at what most of the organizations that were being lobbied for. Some, yes, are pretty "business as usual," but the National Education Association? Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids? American Association of Justice? Various social advocacy groups? Ooooh, scary. Look out, the National Council of La Raza is here!
The point has nothing whatsoever to do with the organizations that were being lobbied for. Nothing. Your response appears to be an attempt to deflect and minimize the central point. I'm surprised that you, of all people, wouldn't look at the situation with a more critical eye and a little more depth.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:00 PM   #286
midwestjeff
lazy, useless shit stain

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymissy View Post
Here is a nice shiny graph:
Ha. That graph wasn't even close to being shiny. Typical liberal sugar-coating.

"I'm hailing you as the next great American poet to my Soho friends".---Mikeyboy
midwestjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:02 PM   #287
SonOfSmeagol

Quote:
SonofSmeagol is wrong. The stimulus does not have a 38% approval rating. It's at 52%. 38% OPPOSE the package, ya got it backwards. Here is a nice shiny graph:
Who? Me? I said what? Whoa there missy.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:03 PM   #288
epo
Fez is hot
we have mods who care

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
i don't know where his numbers are from, but he did say "current stimulus plan" so it's dishonest for you to compare that to "some form of stimulus"
In the article that I cited from Gallup Polling, this appears:

Its not like I can make this shit up.

Quote:
Always Doubt Kevin!
Old 02-08-2009, 01:04 PM   #289
angrymissy

Welcome to New York!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfSmeagol View Post
Who? Me? I said what? Whoa there missy.
Fine, the article you posted is wrong. Top notch journalism there from a paper that cannot even check numbers.

They also claim Obama's approval rating has dropped 14% in 2 weeks, another baldfaced lie:
Old 02-08-2009, 01:09 PM   #290
SonOfSmeagol

Quote:
Fine, the article you posted is wrong. Top notch journalism there from a paper that cannot even check numbers.

They also claim Obama's approval rating has dropped 14% in 2 weeks, another baldfaced lie:
Huh? What article that I posted? Hey stop dragging me into this.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:11 PM   #291
angrymissy

Welcome to New York!!

I'm wrong twas the other guy albalsddbflbasdf60 that posted whatever

I'm half blind you know

I blame Obama
Old 02-08-2009, 01:16 PM   #292
SonOfSmeagol

Quote:
I'm wrong twas the other guy albalsddbflbasdf60 that posted whatever

I'm half blind you know

I blame Obama
Ya, I understand. Not the first, and certainly not the last, to be blinded by him.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:19 PM   #293
angrymissy

Welcome to New York!!

Quote:
Ya, I understand. Not the first, and certainly not the last, to be blinded by him.
His halo permanently damaged my vision. Do you know how bright that shit is? Take it down a notch Messiah!
Old 02-08-2009, 01:23 PM   #294
thejives
Not TheJays

hard to please...

WeeWorld Username: thejives

Is son of smeagol jersey sean?
Old 02-08-2009, 01:30 PM   #295
SonOfSmeagol

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejives View Post
Is son of smeagol jersey sean?
I know nothing of this “jersey sean”. If he is fact a prick, I’d like to state that I am more than capable of being a prick in my own right. If he is a good guy, again, I’d like to state that I am more than capable of being a prick in my own right.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:36 PM   #296
sailor
Same horrible person I've always been.
I'm just a dick

Quote:
In the article that I cited from Gallup Polling, this appears:

Its not like I can make this shit up.
re-read what i wrote. you're comparing apples to oranges. heck, i'm not even saying you're wrong or that he's right, i'm making no judgment as to the validity of anyone's statistics, it's not the point i'm making. it's like he said at the end of the bush presidency that 80% of americans are not favorable of the current president and you turned around and said well here's a chart showing that 95 percent of americans are in favor of someone being president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gvac View Post
RonFez.net will be back!!!

THIS I SWEAR!!!

Last edited by sailor; 02-08-2009 at 01:39 PM.
sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:56 PM   #297
SonOfSmeagol

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it was 110% just two weeks ago - so at worst it's still 96%! Not bad!
Old 02-08-2009, 02:16 PM   #298
lleeder

Jefferson never said pussy lips.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:31 PM   #299
Serpico1103
I know I am the rube.

Quote:
[size="2"]
No, not when you apply the correct rules. However, not the point. Bottom line, they're lobbyists and, lest you forget: " lobbyists won’t find a job in my White House”. Once again - ethics with exceptions. Sweet. Justify it and rationalize it all you want – it is what it is.
Son, it is a joke.
Tougher rules against revolving door for lobbyists and former officials

"No political appointees in an Obama-Biden administration will be permitted to work on regulations or contracts directly and substantially related to their prior employer for two years. And no political appointee will be able to lobby the executive branch after leaving government service during the remainder of the administration."http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...for-lobbyists/

I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone in Washington who has not lobbied at all.
Is this the promise you are referring to?
Old 02-08-2009, 04:05 PM   #300
TheMojoPin
Hitler's death car!

I'm not one of these wishy-washy mods that can't make decisions.

Big Ass 1814

Quote:
The point has nothing whatsoever to do with the organizations that were being lobbied for. Nothing. Your response appears to be an attempt to deflect and minimize the central point. I'm surprised that you, of all people, wouldn't look at the situation with a more critical eye and a little more depth.
That's actually what I did as opposed to having a blanket Pavlovian reaction to a term without looking at who lobbied for what.

Tags
big black cock, birther=dumb asshole, keep hate alive, obama, rhino shits beer, sailor had a lobotomy, sailor loves obama, syd = trotskyite crybaby, sydonomics, wash, wf, ~wf obama bukkake~