Originally Posted by opie's twisted balls
My current FB is lactating, why the hell would her tits leak?
- diagnosed with relapsing-remitting MS when she was 24, seems to have 2 or 3 episodes per year that have largely been contained to slight optic neuritis, fatigue and dysesthesias; she's been on Avonex 30mg bi weekly for 2 years and prednisone 300mg bid during any acute attack (which have been been thankfully rare)
- other then her MS she's in good health, excellent cardio and muscle tone
- has two children aged 16 & 17 (nursed both for what its worth)
- is still intact....hasn't had a hysterectomy or TL
- has been taking Levora for the past 3 years with no issues, prior was using the rhythm method or her partners wore jimmies
- doesn't use any recreational drugs and is a light drinker
- she's pee'd on the stick and the rabbit isn't dead
Whenever a non-pregnant woman lactates, it's called "galactorrhea" and you wonder about a few things:
1) is it the birth control pill
hers is not associated with galactorrhea, but that doesn't mean much. She could use a different birth control method for three months and see if it goes away. If it does, it's the pill
2) Is it a pituitary adenoma?
benign pituitary tumors can cause lactation; blood work and an MRI will tell the tale.
3) breast stimulation
if you're messing with her breasts a lot, it could
4) a low thyroid
again, a simple blood test will tell the tale
She needs to see an OBGYN or an endocrinologist. If nothing pans out, she has "ideopathic" galactorrhea which means we can't figure out what's causing it.
hope this he'ps.