You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Dumb stuff you did "Because someone famous did it." [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Dumb stuff you did "Because someone famous did it."

Death Metal Moe
05-02-2007, 09:47 AM
Just curious if anyone has ever tried to do something just because someone well known did it. It could be a dress style, a brand they sponsor, something they talk about in a movie, I don't know. Use your imagination.

Over 10 years ago when I started playing drums, I saw a picture of this amazind drummer Gene Hoglan in a Death CD. Gene is a GOD on drums. I knew I could never play like him but I admired his lightening speed and amazing musicianship.

So in this picture, I saw he had a really long pinky nail and for whatever reason, I wanted one too. I had no idea what it meant, I just grew it. I was actually brushing nail strengthener on it to keep it from possibly cracking.

Then someone told me "Dumb ass, he has that nail to snort coke. You wanna look like a coke head too."

I bit it off that minute.

Dougie Brootal
05-02-2007, 09:48 AM
Dumb stuff you did "Because someone famous did it."

become an alcoholic.
http://tenaviv1.interfree.it/fotojmorrison/012-morrison.jpg

sailor
05-02-2007, 09:56 AM
Just curious if anyone has ever tried to do something just because someone well known did it. It could be a dress style, a brand they sponsor, something they talk about in a movie, I don't know. Use your imagination.

Over 10 years ago when I started playing drums, I saw a picture of this amazind drummer Gene Hoglan in a Death CD. Gene is a GOD on drums. I knew I could never play like him but I admired his lightening speed and amazing musicianship.

So in this picture, I saw he had a really long pinky nail and for whatever reason, I wanted one too. I had no idea what it meant, I just grew it. I was actually brushing nail strengthener on it to keep it from possibly cracking.

Then someone told me "Dumb ass, he has that nail to snort coke. You wanna look like a coke head too."

I bit it off that minute.

coke would help ya play faster...

Badinia
05-02-2007, 10:06 AM
Went vegetarian.

http://www.in.gr/ATH/IMAGES/MIDDLE/Morrissey_300_02.jpg

19 years ago.

King Hippos Bandaid
05-02-2007, 10:09 AM
Tried to fly when I was 6 because Superman Did it

12 Stiches to Head = Lesson Learned

:king:

BoondockSaint
05-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Ate steak off a hooker's head while she was blowing me.

SatCam
05-02-2007, 11:37 AM
touch little boys

http://www.michael-jackson.com/mj2002.jpg

JPMNICK
05-02-2007, 11:46 AM
tried to convince my parents to buy me a 4 finger ring when i was in 5th grade because all the cool rappers had them

kevcala
05-02-2007, 11:48 AM
Banged Pamela Anderson.

torker
05-02-2007, 11:59 AM
Spelled out the alphabet with my tongue while eating pussy.
http://www.popmatters.com/film/reviews/s/images/sam-kinison-outlaws-dvd.jpg

Hottub
05-02-2007, 12:01 PM
I sipped a D because Mojo said he loved doing it!

SatCam
05-02-2007, 12:17 PM
I sipped a D because Mojo said he loved doing it!

last time a checked managing a bookstore did not constitute as being famous

lleeder
05-02-2007, 12:41 PM
joined RonFez.net

Furtherman
05-02-2007, 12:46 PM
Tried to jump the Snake River Canyon.

Didn't get too far!

Don Stugots
05-02-2007, 01:29 PM
I tried running block for an 18 wheeler full of coors going from Texas to Georgia in 18 hours. Didnt make too far. That damn Big Enos and Little Enos put me up to it.

PapaBear
05-02-2007, 01:45 PM
Tried to jump the Snake River Canyon.

Didn't get too far!

I tried running block for an 18 wheeler full of coors going from Texas to Georgia in 18 hours. Didnt make too far. That damn Big Enos and Little Enos put me up to it.
You two are my new hero's.

I drafted behind a tractor trailer on my bike, because Dave Stoller did it.

(for real)

Don Stugots
05-02-2007, 01:58 PM
cool Papabear. i would love to sit and listen to some of your stories one day.

One time, while i was trying to make a racing comeback, i was on the dirt track circuit and these 6 kids stripped my race car. well, after i found them, i made them my pit crew and wound up getting a shot at a really big race. while i was leaving the pits, i notices that my Crew (the kids) were being taken back to their old town by a crooked sheriff. i crashed into my main rival, TURK, taking him out of the race and went after my crew. God i love those kids.

Gvac
05-02-2007, 02:57 PM
When I was younger I read that Keith Richards' drink of choice was bourbon and ginger ale. I had to have one. It became my drink of choice for years because I absolutely loved it.

A few years later I read that Keith had given up on whiskey and switched to vodka and Sunkist. I had to try it too. It was absolutely awful.

Badinia
05-02-2007, 03:09 PM
A few years later I read that Keith had given up on whiskey and switched to vodka and Sunkist. I had to try it too. It was absolutely awful.

Because he'd turned into a teenaged girl? CHRIST, that sounds terrible.

Gvac
05-02-2007, 03:25 PM

You have no idea.

Don Stugots
05-02-2007, 03:27 PM
When I was younger I read that Keith Richards' drink of choice was bourbon and ginger ale. I had to have one. It became my drink of choice for years because I absolutely loved it.

You have no idea.

oh i do, i have seen the pictures.

SatCam
05-02-2007, 03:45 PM
when I was about 5 me and my neighbor had seen free willy and thought it would be cool to tag my garage like the scene where they tag the aquarium. we used chalk to write our names on the walls of my garage

parents were not pleased

same girl later saw the cock

sailor
05-02-2007, 04:55 PM
when I was about 5 me and my neighbor had seen free willy and thought it would be cool to tag my garage like the scene where they tag the aquarium. we used chalk to write our names on the walls of my garage

parents were not pleased

same girl later saw the cock

later that night? hott!

SatCam
05-02-2007, 05:10 PM
later that night? hott!

well I did leave out the minor detail that we were around 5/6 when she saw my dick too..........................

tried to hook up with her a few years ago

no luck

loser

sailor
05-02-2007, 05:12 PM
well I did leave out the minor detail that we were around 5/6 when she saw my dick too..........................

tried to hook up with her a few years ago

no luck

loser

"i swear...it's grown since then!!"

high fly
05-02-2007, 11:04 PM
Since you are including clothes - I had my mother make me a red scarf about 8 feet long like the one Jagger sported in 1972. My best friend dug it and we both wore those scarfs all over the place.
It'd have to be 90 degrees out before I would leave the scarf and leather jacket at home.

Before the term "stalking" entered the popular lexicon to have the current meaning, I had a plan to track down Keith Richards and drug his ass under the table.
Just as an athlete works out with weights, does exercises and drills to prepare for the big game, I too put in the work so I could drop more acid and do more coke than Keefer.
I backed off when I realized there was no way around a heavy regimen of injectables.

patsopinion
05-02-2007, 11:28 PM
I am an as fan and i bought a red yankees cap(fred durst)
to this day i remember buying and wearing it before i ever knew who he was but just for my doucheyness for having a yankees cap(die hard a's fan) i cant believe that i wasnt influenced by him having one

PapaBear
05-02-2007, 11:44 PM
I wore one red Chuck Taylor high top when I went to see "The Man With One Red Shoe".

Going to see the movie was bad enough. Kill me now.

Don Stugots
05-03-2007, 01:19 AM
I wore one red Chuck Taylor high top when I went to see "The Man With One Red Shoe".

god what a bad movie.

PapaBear
05-03-2007, 01:20 AM

god what a bad movie.

We will never speak of this again.

Don Stugots
05-03-2007, 01:23 AM
We will never speak of this again.

agreed.

A.J.
05-03-2007, 06:12 AM

I drank bourbon either with just water or straight but I DID switch to this because of Keith:

http://www.rebelyellwhiskey.com/images/home_logo.jpg

Justice4all
05-03-2007, 11:00 AM

One time, while i was trying to make a racing comeback, i was on the dirt track circuit and these 6 kids stripped my race car. well, after i found them, i made them my pit crew and wound up getting a shot at a really big race. while i was leaving the pits, i notices that my Crew (the kids) were being taken back to their old town by a crooked sheriff. i crashed into my main rival, TURK, taking him out of the race and went after my crew. God i love those kids.

Damn, I though I was the only one who saw Six Pack with Kenny Rogers and Erin Grey.
Stu, I don't know if I should be impressed or scared of your recall.

ShelleBink
05-03-2007, 12:23 PM
Bleach blonde hair.

I don't know who influenced me.

I found pics of it this weekend and cringed.

Dirtybird12
05-17-2007, 01:53 PM
imagined -

http://www.connollyco.com/discography/john_lennon/imagine_hi.jpg

http://www.ameliaclark.com/a-peace_love_happiness.jpg

how embarassing.

patsopinion
05-17-2007, 02:01 PM
imagined -

http://www.connollyco.com/discography/john_lennon/imagine_hi.jpg

http://www.ameliaclark.com/a-peace_love_happiness.jpg

how embarassing.

aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwww

Don Stugots
05-17-2007, 03:24 PM

Damn, I though I was the only one who saw Six Pack with Kenny Rogers and Erin Grey.
Stu, I don't know if I should be impressed or scared of your recall.

HAHA. i didnt see this till now. i thought my movie recalling ability/talent was lost on people. thank you sir.

impressed or scared? my memories of things are scary. trust me.

RicShaw
05-20-2007, 06:21 PM
Ran my car into a soild object. I saw Dale Earnhardt do it once.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/556451781nQLSTf?vhost=good-times