You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Walmart Ship to Store = Bullshit [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Walmart Ship to Store = Bullshit

sr71blackbird
12-18-2009, 05:12 PM
I can't believe I did this, but I ordered something online from Walmart and instead of sending it to my house for a fee, I elected to use the free Ship to Store option.
When you do this, they email you when your package arrives at the store and they tell you to print out the email and bring it to the store.
I assumed it would be at the returns area when, since no where did it say to go to a special place.
I get to the store on a Friday night and its a mob scene. I had to park at last isle and walk like a quarter mile to the store.
I walk in and see that all the registers are packed like 20 deep. I go to the return area and wait 20 minutes till I get up to the register. I tell them why I'm there and she tells me Oh, you have to go to the back of the store!
I'm fuming and walk back there and its a fucking mad house. Absolutely no organization and no apparent begiing or end of the line, no one says where to go or what the procedure is. Ginally after another 20 minutes I get up to the girls and they ask for my last name, fist letter of my name. I show them the paper and they only seem to want the name. They can't spell it right and I say, I have the order number. They don't care. They eventually figure it out and send some girl into the back to look for my package. 15 minutes later she comes out with it and I am dismissed.

As I'm walking out I say, Wow, this was so convienient!

Why in the world would anyone use this service? Its insane. It took far longer than simply walking the aisles and finding your item, and I also had to get something else too, and had to still wait on a line at the register.
Totally pointless!

~Katja~
12-18-2009, 05:28 PM
I have used it for Lukas' atv.
Saved me 50 bucks in shipping and I go there anyway to buy groceries. In addition I knew where to go for pick up so no extra waits... and had a rep help me bring it to the car.
Only downside is that the area is not regularly staffed so you have to call someone which can take a few minutes, but all in all easy as 123

Chigworthy
12-18-2009, 05:34 PM
Complaining about shopping at Walmart does not inspire any sympathy in me. The place is a dump, inhabited by dumpy employees and dumpstanky customers. It is the anus of a town.

Farmer Dave
12-18-2009, 05:35 PM
Sound's like you need to learn the system from Katja. I'm sure the rest of the people w/ you thought the same thing. Live and learn.

weekapaugjz
12-18-2009, 05:36 PM
it's your own dumb fault for going to wal-mart on a friday night the week before christmas.

GregoryJoseph
12-18-2009, 05:37 PM
it's your own dumb fault for going to wal-mart

There ya go...

lleeder
12-18-2009, 05:39 PM
I've done this a couple of times and no one was ever at the ship to store desk. I had to wait quite alone time for someone to finally get there but once they arrived my package was found rather quickly. It allowed me to purchase things for way cheaper than in the store and without delivery charges. So in the end I'd say it was worth it. You have to remember you did it the week before Christmas so its gonna be a mob no matter what.

weekapaugjz
12-18-2009, 05:40 PM
There ya go...

eh. i don't hate wal-mart. it's very convenient for me. it's open 24 hours and i can stop on my way home from work at 4 am. it's totally empty except for workers stocking shelves. i never go during the day and definitely not on weekends. that's when the dregs of society are out and about.

lleeder
12-18-2009, 05:40 PM
it's your own dumb fault for going to wal-mart on a friday night the week before christmas.

True.

KnoxHarrington
12-18-2009, 05:53 PM
http://media.peopleofwalmart.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/697.jpg

Was she in line in front of you?

topless_mike
12-18-2009, 05:59 PM

and he lives on long island which, well, we know is such a fucking wonderful place with helpful, insightful people.

lleeder
12-18-2009, 06:00 PM
and he lives on long island which, well, we know is such a fucking wonderful place with helpful, insightful people.

Odds are we went to the same walmart. Don't knock Long Island Walmarts. They have Crazed as an employee...

sr71blackbird
12-18-2009, 06:05 PM
Route 110 Walmart? That's where I was.
I would have thought more people would be out having a good time on a Friday night than hanging around Walmart.
Who knew?

lleeder
12-18-2009, 06:07 PM
I would have thought more people would be out having a good time on a Friday night than hanging around Walmart.
Who knew?

Yeah even though the mall one in massapequa is closer, I always use that one. The ship to store desk is completely empty and surrounded by trash. I did manage to get a wall mount for my tv for like half of what it cost in the store.

sr71blackbird
12-18-2009, 06:17 PM
Does anyone remember the store Consumers?

opie's twisted balls
12-18-2009, 06:18 PM
...anus....
hmmmmmm......aaaannnuuuuss :p

i never go during the day and definitely not on weekends. that's when the dregs of society are out and about.
Dunno, 24hr walmarts are a seasonal thing in these parts and only operate round the clock the 3 or so weeks before Christmas. I was at the one closest to me last thursday at 2:00am and nothing but zombies wandering about. It was like the village of the dammed.

opie's twisted balls
12-18-2009, 06:19 PM
Consumers Distributing? Where you had to fill out a stupid form, take it to a clerk, the clerk would give it to some lacky in the back of the store to look for your item, you'd wait 15 minutes and then the clerk would tell you they didn't have stock?

Death Metal Moe
12-18-2009, 06:27 PM

OH yea, I remember that place. Didn't go there a lot, but I do remember buying Nintendo games there from time to time.

Place was always kinda weird.

monkfish
12-18-2009, 06:34 PM
Bing cashback on something that they don't normally stock in-store is one reason to do the site to store deal.

topless_mike
12-18-2009, 06:56 PM
i remember service merchandise.

mikeyboy
12-18-2009, 07:00 PM
Who knew?

You thought WalMart would be empty the Friday before the 25th? Is this your first Christmas in this country?

Death Metal Moe
12-18-2009, 07:20 PM

You thought WalMart would be empty the Friday before the 25th? Is this your first Christmas in this country?

Echo..................echo

PapaBear
12-18-2009, 07:22 PM
It's Christmas. What did you expect? It's a good service. Just don't order stuff to be shipped to a Christmas madhouse.

SatCam
12-18-2009, 07:23 PM
They should be less misleading and call it Walmart Ship-to-a-counter-in-the-back-of-the-store, am i rite?

Death Metal Moe
12-18-2009, 07:27 PM
They should be less misleading and call it Walmart Ship-to-a-counter-in-the-back-of-the-store, am i rite?

And what about these peanuts on the airplane? You need a TORCH to get the package open! But seriously folks, my mother in law is a real pain in the ass...

PapaBear
12-18-2009, 07:30 PM
BTW... "Back of the store" means layaway department. As in, the place people go to pick up reserved merchandise. Fairly obvious.

Contra
12-18-2009, 07:33 PM

Yup

mikeyboy
12-18-2009, 07:34 PM
And what about these peanuts on the airplane? You need a TORCH to get the package open! But seriously folks, my mother in law is a real pain in the ass...

You know when you fly, that black box recorder in the cockpit is indestructible. Why don't they make the whole plane out of that material?

TooLowBrow
12-18-2009, 07:35 PM
You know when you fly, that black box recorder in the cockpit is indestructible. Why don't they make the whole plane out of that material?

it wouldnt work

cause its black

PapaBear
12-18-2009, 07:35 PM
And why did Kamikazes wear helmets?

mikeyboy
12-18-2009, 07:36 PM
it wouldnt work

cause its black

C_D_S hates you.

TooLowBrow
12-18-2009, 07:39 PM
C_D_S hates you.

hes black!?!

topless_mike
12-18-2009, 07:46 PM
hes black!?!

why not? it worked in blazing saddles...

TooLowBrow
12-18-2009, 07:51 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2580/4185353760_c7a876d64b.jpg

looks white to me

sr71blackbird
12-18-2009, 08:08 PM
Notice how the only non caucasiod in the picture is the one not making gang symbols.

mikeyboy
12-18-2009, 08:10 PM
The peace sign is a gang symbol? What a fruity gang.

TooLowBrow
12-18-2009, 08:12 PM

shut it, hippie!

weekapaugjz
12-18-2009, 08:14 PM

just try to get your hands on some of their patchouli. see what happens...

http://open.salon.com/files/old_hippie_very_old_hippies_11238799250.jpg

The Jays
12-18-2009, 09:08 PM
Yeah, I am in the same boat at sr71blackbird.

Here's my story.

So, drusilla had shown me and my fiance the stockings, themed after Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer animated movie. I wanted to give my fiance the Abominable Snowman, and, turns out she wanted to get me the Rudolph. Stupid me, I ordered hers first, and figured "hey, I'll save some money ($1.00) and have it ship to store , and then I'll pick it up in Valley Stream!"

She ordered mine, and because I had done it ship to store, she did the same so we'd pick them both up.

So, we went tonight to pick them up.

It was a fucking madhouse to begin with. I go to customer service, and they say "Thank god this line is short, because you need to go to the back over there, next to Subway."

I get back there, and it's the fucking layaway line, in Valley Stream, Long Island, mind you, so you can imagine what that was like. There was a fucking broad in front of me sitting in a fucking scooter, perfectly capable of walking, but got the scooter because she could. This is the type of people I'm in line with.

The people behind the counter have zero organization on this. There's sort of a line, and there's sort of a waiting area, and the people look more defeated than a Patriots fan after Super Bowl XLII. One person says "I've waited an hour and half once." One person was openly complaining that's she's been waiting 45 minutes, and the counter person had grown tired of her to the point he was blatently ignoring everything she said as he helped other customers. I waited 30 minutes in line, before I got to the front, then I needed my order number ( I figured I could just show my card that I ordered with, you know, like any normal store can do), thankfully I had my Droid and pulled up our emails with the numbers.

Then it was another 20 minutes waiting for the back to bring it up. When the guy does, I see them, I can tell what they are, and I say "That's ours!" And the service person says "Please wait till I call you name."

Argh. He's right, he wants to stick to the order in which people were served. It was still annoying that, it's all paid for, it's 12 inches away from me, and I can't have it because some broad is picking up a Wii ( welcome to 2006), another dude is picking up a treadmill (aka New Coat rack) and the broad waiting 45 minutes has her stuff, but there's a problem with her layaway and she needs it straightened out.

Finally, we get our stockings, and we book out of there.

Fortunately, we found an Ihop that had sausages that looked like penises, so that improve my night.

Chigworthy
12-18-2009, 09:16 PM
What a fruity gang.

You've nailed it.

midwestjeff
12-18-2009, 09:18 PM
some broad is picking up a Wii ( welcome to 2006), another dude is picking up a treadmill (aka New Coat rack) .

You judge these people, yet you were buying cartoon inspired stockings?

The Jays
12-18-2009, 09:29 PM
I judge out of frustration, not out of spite.

Besides, my stockings are awesome.

PapaBear
12-18-2009, 09:31 PM
I judge out of frustration, not out of spite.

Besides, my stockings are awesome.
But, how are your pantaloons?

TripleSkeet
12-18-2009, 10:20 PM
You judge these people, yet you were buying cartoon inspired stockings?

Not only that but he shipped it to the store to save a dollar.

tanless1
12-18-2009, 10:28 PM
Sounds to me like somthing else is bothering you and your just using walmart as an excuse to be upset. Nothing you've said has indicated incompetince or poor service ( short of being under staffed).

4 of us were waiting in the fabric section....after 10min I p/u the store phone, and they got help right over.

ScottFromGA
12-19-2009, 12:42 AM
didn't use Walmart, but I ordered my wife one of those Colonial Style heaters/faux fireplaces from the Home Depot website last Sunday. Waited and waited for it to be delivered....so yesterday morning, I called the customer service hotline to find out about why it hasn't showed up. Very nice lady helped me and explained why I had not gotten it as of yet...........the order was overlooked and canceled. CANCELED? Great....only a week before Christmas and I had to reorder the product. HOPEFULLY we will get it before Christmas.

Only good thing I can say is that the woman on the other line understood my anger and knocked 20% off.......not about the Walmart ship to store, but why have an online ordering system if your just gonna "Overlook" the order and just cancel it?

KEITHJAY
12-19-2009, 01:12 AM
Walmart? http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/fail-owned-jesus-walmart-price-fail.jpg

PapaBear
12-19-2009, 03:29 AM
Walmart?
No.

sailor
12-19-2009, 03:38 AM
don't know if anyone thought of it, but being the week before christmas (friday night no less!) could have led to store over-crowding.

PapaBear
12-19-2009, 03:45 AM
don't know if PapaBear thought of it, but being the week before christmas (friday night no less!) could have led to store over-crowding.
He probably did.

sailor
12-19-2009, 03:55 AM
He probably did.

i don't follow. are you saying someone already mentioned this?

~Katja~
12-19-2009, 04:43 AM
i don't follow. are you saying someone already mentioned this?
everybody thought of it BUT sr71

ToiletCrusher
12-19-2009, 04:49 AM
I've never used the ship to store option.

However, it must suck being a week before christmas.

sr71blackbird
12-19-2009, 04:49 AM
Why am I hated so? :(

ToiletCrusher
12-19-2009, 04:51 AM
You're not.

I would have been pissed too.

You've already paid for your product and expect to not stand in line for upwards of half hour to pick up a product you already paid for.

I get that some time might be needed to get the product for you, but even during the holidays, this seems like excess frustration.

Curiously, what was the product in question?

RoseBlood
12-19-2009, 08:13 AM

I don't hate you and I don't get the feeling most of the board hates you either, though you make yourself an easy target.

As far as Wal-Mart's site-to-store option, I used it once with relatively little hassle. I had ordered two large items off my cousins bridal shower registry. There's a Wal-Mart less than 5 minutes from my job so I went on my lunch hour.

I don't wait on lines only to be told to go wait on another line. I'd rather track an employee down and ask them where to go, which is what I did.

My main complaint is the same as everyone elses, I had to wait for them to call someone to the back. Once he arrived he found the items pretty quickly.

People don't go to Wal-Mart for it's outstanding customer service, they go cause it's inexpensive. I assume they have to cut corners somewhere to keep prices down.

But yes, I probably would've gotten impatient in your situation as well.

TripleSkeet
12-19-2009, 10:30 AM

Wheres Compliment Guy when hes needed?

underdog
12-19-2009, 10:32 AM
I had ordered two large items off my cousins bridal shower registry. There's a Wal-Mart less than 5 minutes from my job so I went on my lunch hour.

Your cousin's registry was at Wal-Mart? Did she marry her cousin?

RoseBlood
12-19-2009, 01:58 PM
Your cousin's registry was at Wal-Mart? Did she marry her cousin?

That would be a serious improvement. :sad:

Death Metal Moe
12-19-2009, 02:05 PM
That would be a serious improvement. :sad:

http://literalbarrage.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/294168009_b25decaddf.jpg

sr71blackbird
12-19-2009, 03:15 PM
This is what I got. (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=6043661&sourceid=1500000000000007346330&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=6043661) I wanted it from them because it was a few dollars cheaper than anywhere else, but if I had it shipped to my house it would have cost the same as elsewhere. So I figured this would be easy, I pass this Walmart often and figured it would a quick in and out. But man, never again!

~Katja~
12-19-2009, 03:21 PM
This is what I got. (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=6043661&sourceid=1500000000000007346330&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=6043661) I wanted it from them because it was a few dollars cheaper than anywhere else, but if I had it shipped to my house it would have cost the same as elsewhere. So I figured this would be easy, I pass this Walmart often and figured it would a quick in and out. But man, never again!
you are a MORON!
walmart ships for 97 cents on most items, this is small enough to qualify.

sr71blackbird
12-19-2009, 03:25 PM
Whoa, why the harsh words?? :surrender:

I went to go buy it online and it was like $4 or 5 shipping when all was said and done and I didnt think it was worth it.

Either way, whats done is done.

TripleSkeet
12-19-2009, 03:26 PM
you are a MORON!
walmart ships for 97 cents on most items, this is small enough to qualify.

That extra 97 cents wouldve made it as expensive as everywhere else apparently.

~Katja~
12-19-2009, 03:27 PM
Whoa, why the harsh words?? :surrender:

I went to go buy it online and it was like $4 or 5 shipping when all was said and done and I didnt think it was worth it.

Either way, whats done is done.
maybe they dropped their 97 cents shipping for the holidays. still silly.

sr71blackbird
12-19-2009, 03:33 PM
I still dont know why it make me a moron though...even an all caps moron..

:(

~Katja~
12-19-2009, 03:34 PM
I still dont know why it make me a moron though...even an all caps moron..

:(
you sure are a sensitive fella

and the moron part is because you probably could have picked it up for the same price in store without the waiting

sr71blackbird
12-19-2009, 03:49 PM
Sorry, I am.

Thats what I was thinking while I was on all these lines, I could have easily just gotten it off the shelf and paid. I debated just doing that and canceling the order.

sailor
12-19-2009, 03:51 PM
just get amazon prime. right, eli?

GregoryJoseph
12-19-2009, 03:54 PM
You could pick one of those up in any pharmacy for about 15 bucks. Isn't it worth a few extra dollars to not have to wait in line and get aggravated?

That's why I avoid those all-purpose places.

I'd wind up killing someone.